Step 1: Check your eligibility below and apply online
In order to be eligible for New Business Assistance with NEIS, you:
- must not be in full-time employment, education or training.
- must be at least 18 years of age at the date of commencement.
- not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- must not have received New Business Assistance in the last 12 months.
- must be able to pass a police check if required.
- must be eligible to work in Australia.
In order to be eligible for New Business Assistance with NEIS, your business:
- must not currently be operating in a commercial basis.
- must be independent, be capable of withstanding public scrutiny, and be lawful.
- must be assessed as commercially viable.
- must not be based on the purchase or takeover of an existing business.
- must be able to obtain insurance.